According to serious novel coronavirus, every precaution should take to save yourself and your family from the deadly virus. To follow social distancing not just in your house but even while buying your essentials. This needs to be followed even while withdrawing money from an ATM. Country’s largest lender State Bank of India (SBI) has shared certain tips for all bank customers using ATM for withdrawing cash.
Preventive measures must take while using an ATM as mentioned by SBI are as under:
1) Avoid using the ATM room, if it’s already in use.
2) Always stay sanitized
3) Avoid touching areas in the ATM room.
4) Avoid using ATMS if you are suffering from flu.
5) Cover your mouth and nose with your elbow or a handkerchief while sneezing or coughing
6) Avoid disposing used tissue papers and masks inside an ATM lobby
7) Use SBI’s digital platforms like YONO, INB, BHIM, SBI, etc for non-cash related transaction.
On Tuesday, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman waived a minimum balance fee on the savings bank account. She allowed free withdrawal from every bank ATM for three months. Yesterday, the SBI committed 0.25 per cent of its annual profit of the financial year 2019-20 to fight coronavirus outbreak suitation in India. ‘The fund used to fight COVID-19 pandemic will be spent from CSR funds. This is in line with Ministry of Corporate Affairs’ notification of spending CSR funds for COVID-19 as an eligible CSR activity,’ SBI said in a statement.