1) TVS Motor Company Ltd.’s in its exchange filing reported sales growth of 3 per cent year-on-year to 2.99 lakh units. The company’s total two-wheeler sales rose 2 per cent to 2.86 lakh units, however, the Scooter sales fell 9 per cent to 86,935 units.
2) Tata Motors in its exchange filing reported a 3 per cent year-on-year drop in its sales figure. The company said that the fall in sales was due to continued weak consumer sentiment. Tata Motors domestic passenger vehicle sales went up by 2 per cent to 18,110 units whereas it’s domestic commercial vehicle sales down 5 per cent at 39,111 units.
Tata Motors posted the biggest fall in medium and heavy commercial truck, where the sales went down by 18 per cent to 15,241 units.
3) Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd reported the sales growth of 10 per cent in February, as compared to the last year same period. The company, however, reported an 8 per cent drop in tractor sales, according to its stock exchange filing.
M&M also reported a 17 per cent surge in a passenger vehicle at 26,109 units, whereas the utility vehicle sales reported a 16 per cent growth to 24349 units.
4) Eicher Motors Ltd.’s VE Commercial Vehicles’ in its stock exchange filing reported a sales decline of 6.7 per cent on a yearly basis to 6,428 units.
5) Bajaj Auto Ltd recorded its slowest monthly sales growth in the last 16 months. The company in its regulatory filing said that the automaker sold 3.93 lakh units last month, posting a growth rate of 10 per cent (YoY). The company’s domestic motorcycle sales jump 6 per cent to 1.86 lakh units whereas total motorcycle sales surged 10 per cent 3.27 lakh units. The company’s total commercial vehicle sales also increased by 8 per cent to 65,104 units.