Johnson & Johnson is assuming full responsibility for the manufacturing of a drug substance for its Covid-19 vaccine at Emergent BioSolutions Inc.’s Bayview facility, the company said in a statement.
It will add dedicated leaders for operations and quality, and “significantly” increase the number of manufacturing, quality and technical operations personnel at the site, according to the statement.
- India to Waive Import Duty on Covid-19 Vaccine
- Aditya Birla Sun Life AMC Files Draft Papers With SEBI for IPO
- SII CEO Poonawalla Lauds PM Modi
- Cloud Firm Druva Raises $147 Million
- Reddit Introduces New Audio-Based Product, Reddit Talk
The company will work closely with the Food and Drug Administration for the emergency use authorization of the specific facility, adding that all its doses so far have met regulatory quality standards. The company said it expects to deliver almost 100 million doses of the Covid-19 vaccine to the US government by the end of May.