Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari placed the foundation stone of 25 national highway projects of a length of 257 km of around Rs 11,721 crore in Jammu and Kashmir. These highway projects provide connectivity between Jammu and the Kashmir Valley. These are strategically necessary for the fast movement of defence forces, together with the agricultural, industrial and socio-economic progress of the district.
- Arcab Raises Seed Round From We Founder Circle
- VI Among Stocks Under F&O Ban on NSE
- UN Plans Plastic Waste Management in India
- AirAsia India Announces Manual for Visually Impaired
- US Announces New Requirements for International Travellers Due to Omicorn Variant
According to a statement, the projects will join all main roads heading to different district headquarters and create employment and self-employment opportunities. The projects will include restoration and up-gradation of some sectors, construction of bridge and tunnel and correction of black spots, the statement added.