On Wednesday, Industrial Promotion and Investment Corporation of Odisha (IPICOL) and GAIL (India) Limited signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for cooperation in the areas of green hydrogen, green ammonia and renewable energy (solar/wind) for the production of eco-friendly fuels in Odisha.
- HPCL to Lift 45% More Oil From Iraq to Meet Expanded Refining Capacity
- Glenmark Pharma Gets FDA Nod for Generic Regadenoson Injection
- Apple iPhones Registers 48% Growth in India
- Ultratech Cement Q3 Consolidated Net Profit Rises 8% to Rs 1,708 Crore
- JSW to Invest Rs 2,200 Crores in Wind Power Project in Tamil Nadu
As per an official statement, the scope of the MoU inter-alia incorporates preparing a feasibility study for setting up proposed plants, and the MoU also emphasises promoting the production of eco-friendly fuels in Odisha.
“Green Hydrogen would help the industries cut aggregate emissions of Green House Gases (GHGs), thus contributing to the overall objectives of the Central government’s INDC targets. Odisha, being a power surplus state, is looking to strengthen its position in power further, and these upcoming plants will help Odisha based heavy industries to supplement their growing power requirements,” read the statement.