On Wednesday, the market value of private sector lender ICICI Bank had crossed the Rs 5-trillion mark. The stock touched a lifetime high of Rs 734.9 in intra-day trade before giving up some gains to finish at Rs 718.3.
At the closing price, the lender was valued at Rs 4.98 trillion. ICICI Bank is India’s sixth most valuable company. HDFC Bank is the only lender valued higher, at Rs 8.74 trillion.
- Arcab Raises Seed Round From We Founder Circle
- VI Among Stocks Under F&O Ban on NSE
- UN Plans Plastic Waste Management in India
- AirAsia India Announces Manual for Visually Impaired
- US Announces New Requirements for International Travellers Due to Omicorn Variant
The shares of ICICI Bank are up 36 per cent this year. In comparison, the Sensex has gained 20 per cent.
Stock Covered in the news