The India Meteorological Department (IMD) declared an Orange alert for six districts in Kerala, foretelling heavy rains for October 12, 13 and 14. They issued an Orange alert in Kollam, Pathanamthitta, Alappuzha, Kottayam, Ernakulam and Idukki districts for three days.
- Why Vedanta (NSE: VEDL) gained 12.91% today? What’s Ahead?
- Sterlite Power Gets Rs 324 Crore Transmission Project
- Tea Exports Drops by 14% in 2021
- PharmEasy Closes Pre-IPO Funding at $350 Million
- New Zealand PM Ardern Raises Lockdown in Auckland
A Yellow alert has also been announced for Thiruvananthapuram, Palakkad, Malappuram and Kozhikode districts. Currently, all the southern areas of the state have been issued a Yellow warning. “About 7-11 cm rainfall in the next 24 hours is likely to happen at different areas in Kerala on 10th and 11th October and Heavy to Very Heavy Rainfall is predicted to happen from 12 to 14 of October,” the IMD website said.