Sugar mills exports recorded 7.23 million tonnes of sugar in 2020-21, trade body All India Sugar Trade Association (AISTA) declared on Tuesday. Of the total shipment, 7.06 million tonnes of sugar has been exported, while nearly 1,66,335 tonnes is under packing, it said.
- Why Vedanta (NSE: VEDL) gained 12.91% today? What’s Ahead?
- Sterlite Power Gets Rs 324 Crore Transmission Project
- Tea Exports Drops by 14% in 2021
- PharmEasy Closes Pre-IPO Funding at $350 Million
- New Zealand PM Ardern Raises Lockdown in Auckland
According to the AISTA, about 6 million tonnes of sugar was shipped with government subsidy and 7.85 lakh tonnes without subsidy in the marketing year 2020-21. Maximum exports were sent to Indonesia at 1.82 million tonnes, followed by Afghanistan at 6.70 lakh tonnes, UAE at 5.24 lakh tonnes and Somalia at 4.11 lakh tonnes, it added in the statement. In the marketing year 2021-22, exports of about 15 lakh tonnes have been taken place so far, AISTA said.