Navjot Singh Sidhu, on July 18 has been appointed as President of the Punjab Pradesh Congress Committee. Congress President Sonia Gandhi also appointed Sangat Singh Gillian, Sukhwinder Singh Danny, Pawan Goel, and Kuljit Singh Nagra as working president of Punjab PCC. Sidhu will replace PCC Chief Sunil Jhakar.
“Congress President has appointed Navjot Singh Sidhu as the President of Punjab Pradesh Congress Committee with immediate effect,” according to a party statement. “The party appreciates the contributions of outgoing PCC president Sunil Jakhar,” the statement added.
- PM Modi to Hold Review Meeting With Ministry Secretaries Today
- GST Council Decides to Set Up Two GoMs
- SBI, BOB Reduce Home Loan Rates by 25-45 Bps
- Byju’s And NITI Aayog Partner to Give Free Education to Kids
- New Equity Investors to be Vodafone Idea’s Calling Card
Senior Congress leader and former law minister Ashwani Kumar requested party leaders in Punjab to happily accept the decision of the Congress high command to appoint Navjot Singh Sidhu as the new state party president and asked to maintain unity while fighting in the coming assembly polls. “This is a time to be united. There are no victors or losers. Settlement is the way forward. All Congress persons will have a role to play in fighting an ideological battle,” he said in a statement.