Repro Shares Soar 48% in 1 Week After Madhuri Kela Buys 3.6% Stake in Company

Investor Madhuri Kela bought a stake in Repro India.

Shares of Repro India rose 5% in intraday trade on Friday, touching a 52-week high of Rs 619.70 on the National Stock Exchange (NSE). Shares of the print publishing company have jumped 48% in the past week after investor Madhuri Kela bought more than 3% of the company through the open market.

According to Repro India’s disclosure, on May 15, 2023, Madhuri Madhusudan Kela and Brijkishor Trading Private Limited jointly acquired 4.75 lakh shares of Repro India through the open market, accounting for 3.59% of the shares. Post-acquisition, it added that its combined stake in the company increased from 3.3% to 6.89%.

Malabar India Fund Ltd sold 5.12 lakh shares at Rs 425 each, or nearly 4.5% of Repro India’s total share capital, for a total transaction value of Rs 217.6 crore, according to exchange data, NSE Block Trade Data showed.

According to the shareholding pattern in the third quarter, Malabar India Fund held 580,142 equity shares or a 4.56% stake in the company.

Repro India provides comprehensive printing solutions to publishers and corporates. The company’s business segments include Traditional Offset (educational books/materials), PoD business and Repro Applied Learning Solutions (RAPPLES). It has a subsidiary called Repro Books Limited (RBL).

The group has established healthy long-term relationships with high-profile clients. Its export customers are the world’s leading publishers, such as Cambridge University Press, Longman Press, etc. In the domestic market, the group serves large educational publishing houses such as Macmillan Press, Oxford University Press, Jeevandeep Prakashan, Symbiosis (distance education), and Arihant Publication.

Also, under its digital printing business, the group has relationships with major e-commerce players such as Amazon, Flipkart and Paytm. Repro’s main export markets include Kenya, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, South Africa, the UK and the USA.

Get Daily Prediction & Stocks Tips On Your Mobile