Shares of Tata Motors (DVR) rallied 14 per cent to Rs 163.70 on the National Stock Exchange (NSE) in intra-day trade on Wednesday on the back of heavy volumes. The stock is trading close to its 52-week high level of Rs 169.75, touched on June 15, 2021.
Nearly 13 million shares, representing 2.5 per cent of the total equity of Tata Motors (DVR), had changed hands on the NSE and BSE till 02:51 pm. Currently, the stock is trading at Rs 157.40, up 10 per cent against its Tuesday closing price of Rs 143.15. In comparison, the Nifty50 index was up 0.86 per cent at 17,529 points.
At the same time, shares of Tata Motors were up 2 per cent at Rs 311.80, after hitting a high of Rs 312.45 on the NSE in intra-day deals. The counter also witnessed substantial trading volumes, with a combined around 21 million equity shares having changed hands on the NSE and BSE so far.
- Share Market Tips for – Monday, January 17, 2022
- Nifty Media Outlook for the Week (Jan 17,2022 – Jan 21,2022)
- Nifty Realty Outlook for the Week (Jan 17,2022 – Jan 21,2022)
- Nifty PSU Bank Outlook for the Week (Jan 17,2022 – Jan 21,2022)
- Nifty Metal Outlook for the Week (Jan 17,2022 – Jan 21,2022)
As per June 30, 2021, shareholding pattern data, ace investor Rakesh Radheshyam Jhunjhunwala held a 1.97 per cent stake in Tata Motors (DVR) and 1.15 per cent holding in Tata Motors.