On Monday, Covid-19 hospitalisations in the United States reached a record high, according to media reports, as a surge in infections caused by the highly contagious Omicron variant strains health systems in several states.
There were 132,646 people hospitalised with Covid, surpassing the record of 132,051 set in January last year.
- HPCL to Lift 45% More Oil From Iraq to Meet Expanded Refining Capacity
- Glenmark Pharma Gets FDA Nod for Generic Regadenoson Injection
- Apple iPhones Registers 48% Growth in India
- Ultratech Cement Q3 Consolidated Net Profit Rises 8% to Rs 1,708 Crore
- JSW to Invest Rs 2,200 Crores in Wind Power Project in Tamil Nadu
Hospitalisations have increased steadily since late December, doubling in the last three weeks, as Omicron quickly overtook Delta as the dominant version of the virus in the United States.