Tesla got approval for all the four models it had asked for in India. As per knowledge given by the Centre-controlled Vahan Sewa. Tesla India has obtained permissions for all four of its vehicle models. Homologation is a process that certifies a vehicle is suitable for driving after meeting all the defined criteria.
However, approval does not mean an instant launch. Tesla had asked to reduce import tax from the Indian government and finalise its launch plans. The company is expecting to have a lower price tag on its cars which is not possible due to the heavy import duties.
- China Launches Satellite to Test Space Debris Mitigation Technology
- Govt Asks States to Rise Coverage of 2nd Dose of Covid-19 Vaccine
- Government Notifies Rules to Ease Telecom Infra Rollout Fees
- Thailand Ends Quarantine for Fully Vaccinated Tourists From November 1
- Critical to Rebuild Trust in NBFCs: RBI
Import duty on EVs in India is 100 per cent if cost insurance and freight value are more than $40,000. The Model Y and Model 3 of Tesla are priced at $38,700 to $41,200. Both models made up 90 per cent of Tesla’s volumes in 2020.