Meesho noticed double sales in its first festival season sale. Meesho’s Maha Indian Shopping League was started on October 5 to October 10. “Looking on October 1 after the end of the 5-day sale, we had 2x sales every day, and if you compare it with a non-festive, the numbers are very higher,” Utrkrishta Kumar, Vice President and General Manager for Business, said.
- Power Stocks Rise as Parliament Proposed Electricity Amendment Bill Amid Protests
- ZEEL Up For Third Straight Session
- Bharti Airtel Q1 results: Net Profit Surges 466%; ARPU Increases to Rs 183
- Indian Army Signs Deal with DFI to Develop High-Impact Drones
- HDFC Bank Raises $300 Mn in NRE Deposits
Meesho operates a 3-sided marketplace with manufacturers, resellers and the consumer. The reseller purchases fashion items from the supplier and sells them on WhatsApp, Facebook and Instagram. “Our mission is to get internet commerce for everyone in the country and get to 100 million sellers on Meesho,” Kumar said. “We are looking on competition to understand the bigger scene; we want to prioritise things come from users directly,” Kumar added.