Meesho noticed double sales in its first festival season sale. Meesho’s Maha Indian Shopping League was started on October 5 to October 10. “Looking on October 1 after the end of the 5-day sale, we had 2x sales every day, and if you compare it with a non-festive, the numbers are very higher,” Utrkrishta Kumar, Vice President and General Manager for Business, said.
- China Launches Satellite to Test Space Debris Mitigation Technology
- Govt Asks States to Rise Coverage of 2nd Dose of Covid-19 Vaccine
- Government Notifies Rules to Ease Telecom Infra Rollout Fees
- Thailand Ends Quarantine for Fully Vaccinated Tourists From November 1
- Critical to Rebuild Trust in NBFCs: RBI
Meesho operates a 3-sided marketplace with manufacturers, resellers and the consumer. The reseller purchases fashion items from the supplier and sells them on WhatsApp, Facebook and Instagram. “Our mission is to get internet commerce for everyone in the country and get to 100 million sellers on Meesho,” Kumar said. “We are looking on competition to understand the bigger scene; we want to prioritise things come from users directly,” Kumar added.