PM Narendra Modi to attend the first-ever in-person Quad summit in Washington on September 24. United States President Joe Biden will host the summit. The Ministry of External Affairs said that after the Quad summit, PM Modi would speak in the General Debate of the High-Level Segment of the 76th Session of the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA).
“The theme for General Debate is Building Resilience to recover from coronavirus, remake sustainably, look the needs of the planet, respect the rights of people, and re-energize the United Nations,” MEA added. The White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki said that the four leaders would discuss strengthening their ties, promoting practical cooperation, addressing the climate crisis and promoting a free and open Indo-Pacific.
- PM Modi to Hold Review Meeting With Ministry Secretaries Today
- GST Council Decides to Set Up Two GoMs
- SBI, BOB Reduce Home Loan Rates by 25-45 Bps
- Byju’s And NITI Aayog Partner to Give Free Education to Kids
- New Equity Investors to be Vodafone Idea’s Calling Card
In March, President Biden hosted the first-ever summit of the Quad leaders in the virtually that vowed to attempt an Indo-Pacific area that is free, open, inclusive, secured by democratic values, and unconstrained by pressure.