PM Narendra Modi will inaugurate the 341-km long Purvanchal Expressway at Karwal Kheri in Sultanpur district of Uttar Pradesh. The six-lane expressway can be increased to eight-lane in the future, starting from Chandsarai village to Haidaria village in Ghazipur district.
PM Modi said on Twitter, just a day before the inauguration, calling it a ‘special day’ in the state’s growth path. Modi had placed the foundation stone of the expressway on July 14, 2018. “Prime Minister Narendra Modi will visit Uttar Pradesh on November 16 and inaugurate Purvanchal Expressway at Karwal Kheri in Sultanpur district at around 1:30 PM,” a statement from Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) told.
- UK Forces New Safety Measures Amid Omicron
- Over 54K Citizens Evacuated in Andhra Pradesh Due to Cyclone Jawad
- Arcab Raises Seed Round From We Founder Circle
- VI Among Stocks Under F&O Ban on NSE
- UN Plans Plastic Waste Management in India
PM Modi is assumed to land on the Expressway in a C-130J Super Hercules aircraft. The project was built by the Yogi Adityanath government at an estimated value of Rs 22,496 crores and has been announced as the “carrier of development” to the Purvanchal region of Uttar Pradesh.