The Tata group’s solar arm plans to set up a 4GW integrated solar photovoltaic cell manufacturing unit in Tirunelveli district of Tamil Nadu for Rs 3,000 crore, helping the state’s plans to bump up its solar power capacity in ten years.
- OYO Appoints Former SBI Chairman Rajnish Kumar as Strategic Group Advisor
- L&T, Softbank-Backed ReNew Power Announce India Green Hydrogen Projects
- UK Approved GlaxoSmithKline Drug
- Maruti Suzuki to Hike Vehicle Prices From Jan
- Indian Firms Raises $1.34 Billion From Foreign Markets in October
The Tamil Nadu Generation and Distribution Corporation (Tangedco) targets around 25 GW of renewable capacity by 2030: that includes 20 GW solar projects with adequate battery storage, 3 GW of pumped storage hydroelectric project, and 2 GW of gas-based power units.