The government has allowed the construction of 16,488 houses in urban areas under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY). The Union Housing and Urban Affairs (HUA) Ministry decided at a meeting of the Central Sanctioning and Monitoring Committee (CSMC), attended by officials from 4 states and UTs. The houses are recommended to be built under Beneficiary-Led Construction (BLC) and Affordable Housing in Partnership (AHP) verticals of PMAY-U.
“The sanctions have been supplied to States/UTs, and they should be fast in finishing all the projects in the given time,” HUA Secretary Durga Shanker Mishra said. “After this, the total number of houses under PMAY-U will be 113.06 lakh, of which 85.65 lakh are in construction, and over 51 lakh are built and delivered to the beneficiaries,” the ministry told.
- HPCL to Lift 45% More Oil From Iraq to Meet Expanded Refining Capacity
- Glenmark Pharma Gets FDA Nod for Generic Regadenoson Injection
- Apple iPhones Registers 48% Growth in India
- Ultratech Cement Q3 Consolidated Net Profit Rises 8% to Rs 1,708 Crore
- JSW to Invest Rs 2,200 Crores in Wind Power Project in Tamil Nadu
The secretary has also requested all to participate in the ‘PMAY-U Awards -100 Days Challenge’. “Our main focus is how can states/UTs make their cities saturated. Fulfilment of projects should be aimed at,” a statement said.