Facebook India selected former Uber executive Rajiv Aggarwal as its head of public policy. He will work on user safety, data protection and privacy, formation and internet governance and will report to Ajit Mohan, managing director of Facebook India, the company told in a statement.
Aggarwal has 26 years of experience as an Indian Administrative Officer (IAS), including a district magistrate in 9 districts in Uttar Pradesh. In his tenure as an administrative officer, he directed India’s first-ever national policy on Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs) as joint secretary in the department of industry and internal trade. He has been associated with the India-US bilateral trade forum and has been India’s lead negotiator on IPRs with other countries, Facebook added in the statement.
- China Launches Satellite to Test Space Debris Mitigation Technology
- Govt Asks States to Rise Coverage of 2nd Dose of Covid-19 Vaccine
- Government Notifies Rules to Ease Telecom Infra Rollout Fees
- Thailand Ends Quarantine for Fully Vaccinated Tourists From November 1
- Critical to Rebuild Trust in NBFCs: RBI
“Facebook is a partner for the exciting economic and social transformation that India is observing, with digital playing an important role. We realise we are deeply involved in the fabric of India, and we have the opportunity to further assist in building a more safe internet that benefits everyone in the country,” Mohan said.