Many states have declared night curfews and other curbs ahead of Christmas and New Year due to increasing concern over the Omicron variant. Several states, including Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra, Delhi, Odisha, West Bengal, Madhya Pradesh, Gujrat, Karnataka and Haryana, have announced night curfews and other restrictions.
- Coal India Shares Up 1% as May Production, Sales Growth Cheers Street
- M&M Financial Services Shares Soar on Strong Disbursement Growth, Collections
- GAIL Injects Rs 2,100 Crore in JBF Petrochemicals
- Apollo Hospitals Hits 52-Week High on Talks to Raise $200 Million, Shares Jump 8% in 2 Days
- Sebi Lists New Norms for High-Risk FPIs
Maharashtra has reported the highest number of omicron cases and has imposed a 9 pm to 6 am curfew and restricted gathering of 5 or more people in public places. Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath announced a night curfew from 11 pm to 5 am starting from December 25 and limited the number of guests at weddings and other public functions to 200. The Madhya Pradesh government has also forced a night curfew from 11 pm to 5 am and urged people to follow Covid-19 safety measures.